Frequently Asked Questions
How do I send my photos to you?
After Smart Art receives my photos, what next?
When will I receive my order?
How do I place my order?
How do I make a payment?
How much does Smart Art charge for shipping my order?
Does Smart Art ship outside South Africa?
What photo should I send to you?
- Good lightning, when the light comes from the back of the photographer and it’s facing the subject. Also, try to avoid dark shadows in the face of the subject.
- Good contrast and brightness. Make sure the photo is not under exposed (too dark) or over exposed (too bright or too white).
- In order to make the best portrait out of your photo/s, we highly recommend that you send us a good quality picture, where the face of the person will be clear.
Remember Smart Art offers a photo manipulation service, letting you to change the photograph into a stylised image. See image modification for details.
What if I do not have a photograph, but know what I want?
Can I send black and white or colour photos?
If there are random people in the background, is it possible to single out the target object?
I want to order a different size to what’s offered, is this possible?
I want to order a gift for someone else, how do I do that?
How does Smart Art guarantee the privacy and confidentiality of my personal information?
General T's & C's with regards to image processing
- Smart Art accepts all forms of images (cd, hard copy image, slide, photograph, artwork, etc). Please ensure that you mail these to us together with your order form. See order form for details.
- Your image can either be Portrait or Landscape depending on the product you choose. Please ensure that you indicate on the order form which colour you prefer your final image to be. We can output your colour print to Black and White or Sepia, or your Black & White to Sepia Antique Print. If you have a digital image you can email it to us at [email protected] together with your order form.
- To avoid your picture buckling and creasing, please send images in a hard-backed or a bubble wrap envelope.
- Smart Art returns all original prints, but for your safety we recommend that you make a copy of your photograph if it has any sentimental value, as we do not take responsibility for any loss or damage.
- Optimal size of image to provide is: 700 dpi or A4 in size. If you have any queries about your selection, please contact us.
- Most Smart Art products require cropping, as such please bear in mind the shape of your product when choosing the image.
- On canvasses, remember that the image is wrapped around a 40mm box frame, so please be sure to avoid any key subject on the edge of the picture.
- Smart Art will contact you if we foresee any problems, and our trained consultants will guide you in the right direction.
- FREE retouching service: This includes red eye reduction, date stamp removal, dust /scratches reduction, and blemish removal.
- If additional work is required one of our consultants will contact you to discuss requirements.
- Please note that delivery will be within 21 days working days upon receipt of the completed order form, payment and image.
- Prices include Vat and delivery within South Africa.
- We understand that you have permission to use the photo or image you are sending to us. Smart Art will not be liable for claims against copy writing.
- All Smart Art products are made to the finest quality specifications and we strive to deliver only the very best of quality. However, if you are unhappy about any of our product, please notify Smart Art within 3 working days of receiving your goods. You can contact us via email or on 021
- Please send your image and order form to: Smart Art, P.O. Box 12241, Mill Street, Cape Town, 8010. We will return your photo and finished product to you within 10 – 20 days.
- Please bear in mind that we cannot change the quality of your photo. Remember, the better the photo you send, the better the results.
Do you have a question that is not answered here? Please ask it in the comments below and one of the Smart Art team will get back to you with an answer.